If you’re looking for a dependable, trustworthy freight forwarding company, you may be frustrated by the sheer number of options available to you on the market. It can be exceedingly difficult to find and identify a freight forwarding company that meets your needs.
Freight forwarding in Texas is a complex industry that helps companies move finished products and raw materials across long distances and international borders. Thanks to Beaumont’s position on the Gulf of Mexico, it possesses access virtually every global sea route, making it an extremely desirable place for companies to forward their freight.
When looking for a trustworthy freight forwarding company, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that you’re partnering with a company capable of representing your interests and safely delivering your freight. Here are just a few things you can do to ensure you’re working with a dependable freight forwarding company:
- Ensure reliability: The most important thing you can look for in a freight forwarding company is reliability. If a company can’t regularly deliver goods within your budget and on schedule, it’s advisable to look for a different freight forwarder. Additionally, you should seek out a company with a good safety record.
- Seek out compliance: There’s nothing worse than having your cargo tied up at the port because of a lack of regulatory compliance, especially if the error is the fault of your freight forwarding company. That’s why you should work exclusively with companies that specialize in compliance with federal and local governments.
- Check for customer service: Even if a freight team offers high-quality services, it doesn’t matter if they’re also a pain to work with. Bad customer service could also be indicative of an unhealthy company culture. You should only deal with freight forwarders who have a talented customer service team that’s dedicated to meeting your needs as a customer.
- Look for memberships: It’s advisable to work with freight forwarding companies that have a variety of memberships in local and national industry associations. When companies are well connected, they’re more likely to have a good crisis management strategy in place.
- Verify insurance: Be sure to verify your freight forwarder’s insurance credentials before agreeing to ship with them. It’s important to ensure that you’ll be compensated for the value of your goods in case they’re lost at sea.
Since 1991, Aztec Marine Agencies, Inc. has been a premier provider of freight forwarding in Texas. We are proud to provide each and every one of our clients with high-quality freight services that meet their individual logistics needs. You can count on Aztec Marine Agencies, Inc. to always have your best interests in mind.
Aztec Marine Agencies, Inc. employs some of the most knowledgeable industry professionals in the region. Our employees regularly assist clients with compliance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the U.S. Coast Guard. Additionally, we belong to the local chamber of commerce, the Transportation Club and the West Gulf Maritime Association. To learn more about how we can help you meet your logistics goals, contact one of our friendly representatives today!
Categorised in: Freight Forwarding