Are you looking to hire a new freight forwarding service for your business? If so, there are several factors you need to consider before making a decision. After all, hiring the right service is crucial to your own business’ reputation—if your goods to not arrive at the right place and at the right time, you will ultimately be the one to pay the price for it.
With that in mind, it is important that you fully think through this decision, and take your time. If you are unsure of where to start, then read on for six tips for finding the right provider of freight forwarding in Texas:
- Know your needs: First, it is important that you understand exactly what your freight shipping needs are. Where do you need to make deliveries, and how frequently? How much product do you tend to ship at once, and how quick does its journey need to be? Once you know the answers to these questions, you can have a frank discussion with potential freight services about what you need.
- Look for credentials: Has your potential freight service carried your particular type of cargo before? Has it won any awards for service excellence, or ever been ranked among the best of its kind? Credentials and recognitions do not necessarily tell the whole story, but they are an easy way to distinguish a so-so freight service from a really excellent one—and don’t you deserve the best?
- Consider experience: Experience should not necessarily be a make-or-break deal for your potential freight shipper. But if the company itself does not have a lot of experience, you should make sure that the people who run it do. After all, freight shipping is a pretty complicated business—you need to trust your products to folks who have been around the block a few times.
- Properly bonded: Beyond experience and awards, there is one very simple thing that you ought to be looking for in a freight forwarding service: that they are properly bonded, licensed and insured. If a company cannot show you proof of this, then it is probably not a very reputable business. You and your company deserve a better shipping partner.
- Professional organizations: Is your potential freight forwarder a member of any professional organizations? These associations share the latest information, products and strategies with each other. If your chosen freight forwarding business in Texas is a member, then you will benefit from this shared base of knowledge.
- Test their service: Finally, it is imperative that your freight forwarding partner provide quality customer service. How do you ensure that this is the case? It’s simple: test them a little! Ask a lot of questions, and do not be afraid to put them to the test. After all, they ought to be earning your business!
Now that you know what to look for in a freight forwarding company, it is time to start the hiring process! We hope you will consider the team at Aztec Marine Agencies, Inc. to trust with your freight forwarding in Texas. Contact us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Freight Forwarding